Friday, June 24, 2011

Straying away from my usual posts...

Sitting here in Amsterdam, listening to rave music at 10:30 a.m., and it is a good day.

I just want to make some updates about things I've seen over here in Europe. In particular. Clothes.

In all reality, there's not a lot of difference. I still see a lot of the same stuff at home, but I see a lot more of it over here.

A few key differences in every day dressing, are nice shoes. Particularly in Italy and France, and the big difference being on men. Running shoes seem to only be for running. Unlike at home, where skater shoes or runners can be everyday. I... can't remember the last time I've seen a pair of skater shoes actually. Converse are still okay though. But they aren't tattered to bits.

Whatever is worn, needs to be presentable. Even punks, goths, or the such, look presentable. It's not ripped rags, it's well kept clothes that actually work together to form an outfit.

Pants do not drag on the ground. I have maybe seen two pairs of pants in my entire time over here that have been to long. And one of those has been mine. I'm terribly guilty of wearing pants that are too long, because I like to wear them with both heels and flats, or I'm just to lazy to hem them. When I was in Milan though, I did manage to buy two pairs of pants that I don't need to hem. It is amazing. This is why Zara is awesome.

Moving on. I'm not sure of the technical name of the pants, but to me they look a lot like MC Hammer, or Balloon pants. And my oh my do they look comfy. Everyone seems to have a pair. I want some, but I'm not that bold. I know once I get home and start wearing them around, I will be getting some funny looks. That and I've spent all my money on various other things anyway. :)

Jumpsuits! Or catsuits, whatever you call them. Onesies, are the way to go. It is a great idea in theory to, because it's an entire outfit in one piece. I support them. BUT, only if they fit. The best ones are the kind that are a little flowy and have a belted waist and balloon style pants that look like a dress. Those are my faves.

This is my input on trends. Owls are long past their expiry date, and I believe that parrots want to take their place. Jungle colours and prints are heavily in, and this is the bird to go with. I've seen it on a few pieces of Jewellery here and there. Gintox in Milan, a cute accessory store, had a lovely parrot necklace.

Maybe I've totally missed it already, and Parrots are in, but I think they are going to hit it big. And I think Peacocks are also going to be right there along with them. But Parrots will be the bigger deal. Just what I think. If this isn't true, I'll make it a trend anyway. :)

So one of my new favourite stores is Lollipops in Paris. Super cute accessories, I bought a lovely birthday gift for my sister there.

That's all I really have to say for now. Also, I'm a huge fan of wearing a scarf over my hair on rainy days or windy days, because it's just really easy. But that either makes me look Russian or Muslim. We're not sure yet.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment